Rising crime in Ohio and across America stems from the attacks socialist Democrats have relentlessly waged against our police officers. It’s shameful and has no place in our communities. As a prosecutor and member of Ohio’s General Assembly, I have always supported our police and first responders. In my career, I have routinely met with law enforcement officials across Ohio and will always stand with the individuals protecting our communities. In the U.S. Senate, I will unapologetically BACK THE BLUE and stop any attempt to defund the police.
- Dolan established a local law enforcement training program and invested $15 million to fund it and protect local communities from violent crime.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to establish May 24th as Ohio’s First Responders’ Appreciation Day.
- Dolan empowered local law enforcement to keep human traffickers off the street by increasing penalties on repeat offenders.
- Dolan worked with religious organizations and law enforcement to obtain funding to secure and protect houses of worship and faith-based non-profits across Ohio.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to align Ohio’s criminal background check system with federal law.
- Dolan led the charge on legislation that invested $250 million for Ohio’s police officers and first responders, local schools, childcare facilities and healthcare workers across our state to continue economic recovery.
- Dolan was recognized by the Ohio Domestic Violence Network as a champion and advocate for victims of domestic violence in 2021.