The crisis at the southern border is a crisis of the Biden Administration’s own making. Right now, we have the Ohio National Guard and even state law enforcement supporting border states to stop the illegal flow of migrants and drugs into our country. Strengthening border security is paramount to maintaining national sovereignty and keeping communities here in Ohio safe. I will never support amnesty. I will fight to secure the border with walls, surveillance, virtual capabilities and personnel. I will stand for the Rule of Law.
The following outlines Senator Matt Dolan’s work to in the State Senate to urge action on securing the border and address the present crises impacting Ohio.
- Dolan voted to urge Congress to designate foreign drug cartels as terrorist organizations.
- Dolan voted to urge the Federal Government to increase efforts to protect our border to combat drug and human smuggling in the United States
- Dolan voted to urge the federal government to designate certain drug cartels operating as foreign terrorist organizations.
- Dolan increased penalties for drug trafficking and some other drug offenses when the drug involved is a fentanyl-related compound
- Dolan voted to define “fentanyl-related compound” as including fentanyl and other related Schedule I and Schedule II narcotics-opiates.
- Dolan fought and helped to provide $180 million in additional funding for the opiate crisis, on top of the nearly $1 billion already spent by the state annually on drug abuse and addiction.
- Dolan helped to stablish opioid abuse prevention programs for educators and school personnel for all content areas and grade levels
- Dolan voted for nonviolent offenders to receive competency evaluations in outpatient settings, ensuring state psychiatric hospital beds remain available for Ohioans suffering from serious mental illness
- Dolan voted for enhanced penalties for drug traffickers who sell on the premises or near addiction service providers