Ohio’s natural treasures, from Lake Erie to the Ohio River, attract tourists from across America each year, helping drive much-needed revenue, economic growth and local job creation. That’s why I will continue my work to preserve and protect our environment for the benefit of current and future generations, and sportsmen, and make sure all Ohioans have access to clean air and clean water. As your U.S. Senator I will be relentless in protecting the economic value of our greatest natural asset, water.
- Dolan authored the Great Lakes Compact in Ohio to protect water from being drained away by diversion or wasted away by misuse.
- Dolan fixed budget shortfalls for the conservation and preservation of hunting, fishing and trapping areas.
- Dolan saw to it that $300 million was invested in the H2Ohio program to improve statewide water quality and infrastructure.
- Dolan co-sponsored and passed four clean water bills to improve and protect Ohio’s watersheds, reduce phosphorus runoff and coordinate water improvement efforts statewide.
- Dolan sponsored and passed a resolution calling for the federal government to upgrade the Soo Locks in Michigan.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to create property tax exemptions for wetland conservation sites.