I am the only candidate for U.S. Senate that has a proven record of expanding school choice and standing firmly against the creep of Critical Race Theory into Ohio classrooms. The quality of our education system will define tomorrow’s workforce and the opportunities we pass on to our children. If we empower students and parents, instead of unions and special interests, education will flourish in America. That is why I have made support for academic freedom, school choice, trade skills and affordability in education a cornerstone of my career in public service.
- Dolan voted to ban critical race theory from classrooms in Ohio.
- Dolan expanded EdChoice eligibility, allowing more Ohio students to utilize the program.
- Dolan increased EdChoice scholarships from $4,650 to $5,500 for grades K-8 and from $6,000 to $7,500 per pupil in high school.
- Dolan fought to secure $550 million for Ohio’s schools to be used for mental health services, after-school opportunities for at-risk students and health clinics for underserved areas.
- Dolan voted to give our schools flexibility in continuing blended learning options. The bill states schools must teach students in-person for a majority of the year, but allows some flexibility when it is not possible.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to include a financial literacy course as part of the state’s high school curriculum.
- Dolan was named the 2021 Legislator of the Year by the Public Children Services Association of Ohio (PCSAO) for his leadership and commitment to children and families involved in the children services system.
- For his advocacy and support of children across Ohio, Dolan was awarded the Ohio Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs Blue Door Award in 2020.