Chagrin Falls, OH – Conservative Republican Matt Dolan today released the following statement, encouraging all Ohioans to shop at the local establishments in their community, in commemoration of Small Business Saturday. As a state legislator, Dolan has routinely been praised by small business advocacy groups, including the NFIB and Ohio Chamber of Commerce, due to his sterling record in support of Ohio’s small business community.
“Ohio is home to 965,000 small businesses that employ 2.2 million of our friends, family members and neighbors,” said Matt Dolan. “Together they are central to sustaining job growth for our state and represent the lifeblood of our national economy. As both a business owner and public official, I understand well how the pandemic impacted small businesses over the past few years. That’s why, as a State Senator, I fought for and delivered tax relief and hiring credits, so that Ohio’s business community can keep more of their hard-earned dollars to reinvest in their workforce, expand operations and hire more employees. Smart, commonsense investments in Ohio-based businesses, infrastructure and people always guarantees a return for Ohio taxpayers. And as everyday consumers, there is no better day than Small Business Saturday to shop local and support Ohio’s vibrant business community that continues to support all of us.”
Matt Dolan’s Record in Support of Ohio Small Businesses
- Dolan voted in 2021 to reduce regulations on Ohio businesses by 30% by 2025.
- In his capacity as Senate Finance Chair, Dolan prevented a $1 billion tax increase on Ohio’s small businesses.
- Dolan spearheaded $95 million in investments into Ohio workforce and skills training programs over the last 5 years.
- Since Dolan was elected to the State Legislature, Ohio’s top income tax bracket has decreased nearly 47%, saving the average Ohio worker hundreds of dollars per year in taxes.
- Dolan authored and helped pass the state budget this year which provided a tax cut for every Ohioan.
- Dolan’s efforts with the state budget reduced the number of income tax brackets in Ohio from 9 brackets to 4, saving Ohio families and businesses time and money.
- Dolan sponsored and passed bills to modernize Ohio’s economy, such as authorizing blockchain-based transactions in our state.
- Dolan was recognized as a Guardian of Small Business by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) in Ohio in 2020.
- Dolan was awarded Small Business Advocate of the Year by the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Council of Smaller Enterprises in 2018.
- Dolan was endorsed by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce in 2016 and 2020.
For more information on Matt Dolan’s campaign for U.S. Senate, visit www.DolanForOhio.com.