Proven Tax Cutter Vows to Pursue Pro-Growth Agenda for Ohio in U.S. Senate
Chagrin Falls, OH – Conservative Republican U.S. Senate candidate Matt Dolan today announced that he has signed Americans for Tax Reform’s (ATR) Taxpayer Protection Pledge. The Pledge commits signers to “oppose any and all efforts to increase the marginal income tax rates for individuals and/or businesses … and oppose any net reduction or elimination of deductions and credits, unless matched dollar for dollar by further reducing tax rates.”
“Ohio voters have a clear choice in this primary between candidates who talk about reducing taxes and reforming the tax code, and one who has actually done it,” said Matt Dolan. “I am the only conservative Republican candidate with a record of achieving tax reduction and simplification on behalf of Ohio taxpayers, families and businesses. I look forward taking that same pro-growth approach to Washington, D.C. as Ohio’s next U.S. Senator.”
Dolan currently serves as Chairman of the Finance Committee in the Ohio State Senate. In Dolan’s role, he was instrumental in crafting the most recent state budget that was praised by the Ohio Republican Party as “the most conservative budget in Ohio legislative history.”
Grover Norquist, the President of Americans for Tax Reform, praised the state budget spearheaded and negotiated by Senator Dolan, saying it provides “significant tax relief” and that “families and businesses will keep more of their hard-earned money.”
Ohioans for Tax Reform said, “The final biennial budget in Ohio includes a $1.6 billion reduction in the state income tax – the biggest income tax cut in a two-year budget in state history.”
Matt Dolan’s fiscal record during his time in the State Legislature:
- As Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Matt Dolan delivered a $2.32 billion tax cut to Ohio’s families and small businesses.
- Since Matt Dolan was elected to the State Legislature, Ohio’s top income tax bracket has decreased 46%, saving the average Ohio worker hundreds of dollars per year in taxes.
- Matt Dolan has worked to reduce Ohioans’ top tax rate from 7.198% to 3.99%.
- Matt Dolan voted to reduce regulations on Ohio businesses by 30% by 2025.
- Matt Dolan stopped a billion-dollar tax increase on Ohio’s small businesses.
- Matt Dolan delivered a tax cut for every Ohioan in the 2021 Budget.
- Matt Dolan worked to decrease the number of income tax brackets from 9 brackets in 2005 to now only 5 brackets.
- Matt Dolan achieved further flexibility in the Jobs Retention Tax Credit and the Jobs Creation Tax Credit to expand Ohio’s business eligibility.
- Matt Dolan provided nearly $300 million in tax cuts for Ohio businesses that use staffing services to meet workforce needs.
For more information on Matt Dolan’s campaign for U.S. Senate, visit www.DolanforOhio.com