Proven Tax Cutter Vows to Pursue Pro-Growth Agenda for Ohio in U.S. Senate
Cleveland, OH: U.S. Senate candidate Matt Dolan today announced that he has signed Americans for Tax Reform’s (ATR) Taxpayer Protection Pledge. The Pledge commits signers to “oppose any and all efforts to increase the marginal income tax rates for individuals and/or businesses … and oppose any net reduction or elimination of deductions and credits, unless matched dollar for dollar by further reducing tax rates.”
“I’m running for U.S. Senate to accomplish the same conservative reform for America that I’ve successfully fought to implement in Ohio. Not only am I proudly the first U.S. Senate candidate in Ohio to sign this pledge, but my record is unmatched when it comes to achieving tax reduction and simplification on behalf of all Ohio taxpayers, families and businesses. I look forward taking that same approach to the U.S. Senate so we can keep taxes low to grow the economy, expand prosperity and enhance American competitiveness,” said Matt Dolan.
“Senator Dolan has made reducing burdens on Ohio taxpayers and small businesses his priority in the State Senate, and continues that record by signing the Taxpayer Protection Pledge,” said Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist. “This public, written commitment to oppose tax hikes should give Ohioans confidence Matt Dolan will defend them from the unhinged tax-and-spend spree driven by President Biden and Congressional Democrats.”
Dolan currently serves as Chairman of the Finance Committee in the Ohio Senate. In Dolan’s role, he was instrumental in crafting recent state budgets that earned broad praise from Americans for Tax Reform, Americans for Prosperity, the Buckeye Institute and a litany of conservative news media pundits and publications.
Matt Dolan’s fiscal record during his time in the State Legislature:
- As Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Matt Dolan has delivered billions of dollars in tax relief Ohio’s families and small businesses.
- Since Matt Dolan was elected to the State Legislature, Ohio’s tax rates and brackets have been reduced saving the average Ohio worker hundreds of dollars per year in taxes.
- Matt Dolan has worked to reduce Ohioans’ top tax rate from 7.2% to 3.5%.
- Matt Dolan worked to eliminate the Commercial Activity Tax for 90% of Ohio businesses.
- Matt Dolan voted to reduce regulations on Ohio businesses by 30% by 2025.
- Matt Dolan stopped a billion-dollar tax increase on Ohio’s small businesses.
- Matt Dolan worked to decrease the number of income tax brackets from 9 brackets in 2005 to now only 2 brackets.
- Matt Dolan achieved further flexibility in the Jobs Retention Tax Credit and the Jobs Creation Tax Credit to expand Ohio’s business eligibility.
- Matt Dolan provided nearly $300 million in tax cuts for Ohio businesses that use staffing services to meet workforce needs.
For more information on Matt Dolan’s campaign for U.S. Senate, visit www.dolanforohio.com.