Recognition highlights Dolan’s sterling record in support of empowering Ohio job creators
State Senator and conservative Republican candidate for U.S. Senate Matt Dolan was named a 2021 “Champion of Business” by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce. This is the latest in a long list of notable accolades Dolan has received from business advocacy groups due to his sterling record of results which have bolstered the free market and ability for Ohio business owners to create jobs. This achievement also clearly sets Matt apart from the field of prospective Republican candidates for U.S. Senate as someone who a proven conservative with both a public and private sector track record of success.
“At a time in which our national economy is under attack by the flawed and failed policies of the Biden Administration that empower government at the expense of America’s job creators and the free market, it’s critical that we elect conservative leaders capable of offering more than empty words and promises. I have routinely received accolades and endorsements from Ohio business advocacy groups because I have a record of getting results. I have successfully worked to cut taxes for every Ohioan, streamline government, and reduce regulations. I will bring that same approach to the U.S. Senate.”
As Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and member of Republican Leadership, Dolan was instrumental in authoring and helping to pass a balanced budget this year that provided across-the-board tax cuts for every Ohioan, consolidated state tax brackets, empowered the private sector, helped to drive Ohio’s economic recovery in the midst of the pandemic, expanded school choice and increased funding for local law enforcement.
Further, Dolan has been credited with other major accomplishments during his time in the State Senate:
- Dolan was endorsed by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce in 2016 and 2020.
- Since Dolan was elected to the State Legislature, Ohio’s top income tax bracket has decreased nearly 47%, saving the average Ohio worker hundreds of dollars per year in taxes.
- Dolan’s efforts with the state budget reduced the number of income tax brackets in Ohio from 9 brackets to 4, saving Ohio families and businesses time and money.
- Dolan prevented a $1 billion-dollar tax increase on Ohio’s small businesses.
- Dolan spearheaded $95 million in investments into Ohio workforce and skills training programs over the last 5 years.
- Dolan voted this year to reduce regulations on Ohio businesses by 30% by 2025.
- Dolan sponsored and passed multiple bills to modernize Ohio’s economy, such as authorizing blockchain-based transactions.
- Dolan was recognized as a Guardian of Small Business by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) in Ohio in 2020.
- Dolan was awarded Small Business Advocate of the Year in 2018 by the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Council of Smaller Enterprises.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to eliminate the distinction of “essential businesses” to protect small businesses from being closed during a state of emergency like the COVID pandemic.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to protect small businesses from costly wage and hour lawsuits by clarifying Ohio’s overtime laws as more Ohioans work from home during the pandemic.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to protect small businesses by cracking down on online sales of stolen or counterfeit goods.
Learn more about Dolan’s campaign for U.S. Senate at www.dolanforohio.com.