Ads Highlight Dolan’s Record Providing Funding and Support for Ohio Sheriff and Police Departments
Chagrin Falls, OH – Today, Republican U.S. Senate candidate Matt Dolan launched a new ad campaign called “Keep His Word.” The ads, which will run on broadcast, statewide cable, radio and digital platforms, are part of a $2.5 million ad buy featuring members of Ohio’s Law Enforcement community. Dolan, who has made the rule of law and protecting Ohioans’ safety a central pillar of his campaign, has been endorsed by numerous law enforcement officials in recent weeks.
“Efforts by Democrats in Ohio and across America to demonize and defund law enforcement must be stopped. As a State Senator, former prosecutor, and Assistant Attorney General, I have fought to fund Ohio sheriffs and police departments. In the U.S. Senate, I will oppose any effort by Democrats to restrain the ability for law enforcement to keep our communities safe,” said Matt Dolan.
Matt Dolan was endorsed by Betty Montgomery, the state’s first female Attorney General, on Wednesday. “I have taken the time to watch this race closely and it’s clear that Matt Dolan’s experience, character set and strict adherence to the Constitution and rule of law set him apart from the field. His record as a prosecutor, work ethic as a state elected leader and his honesty about the challenges facing Ohio and the nation reflect his sense of purpose and ability to get things done. Ohio Republicans, women, and law enforcement could not ask for a better, more experienced leader to solve the challenges facing our communities today,” said Attorney General Betty Montgomery.
“Matt Dolan was instrumental in providing funding and resources for our law enforcement community. As a former prosecutor, he understands the tools we need to keep Ohioans safe. As our next U.S. Senator, Matt will work tirelessly to stand up for our police and first responders. That’s why I proudly support Matt Dolan for the U.S. Senate,” said Deb Burchett, elected in 2016 as the first woman ever to serve as Clark County Sheriff.
“The choice presently facing Ohio voters is one that carries ramifications for every city in our state and communities across America. As a State Senator and a former prosecutor, Matt Dolan achieved a sterling public record and has never wavered in supporting Ohio law enforcement. Matt has provided Ohio’s sheriff and police departments with the funding and programs we need. He has protected our Second Amendment rights while also supporting commonsense laws that keep our police officers and sheriffs safe on the job. Ohio needs Matt Dolan in the U.S. Senate. He will work for us, lead with sound judgement and will never hesitate to put Ohio’s needs first,” said National Sheriff’s Association President and Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth.
“As a State Senator, Matt Dolan has supported funding for Ohio law-enforcement. As a former prosecutor, he’s had our back. I have spoken in person with Matt Dolan about the mental health crisis in our jails and in our communities. I am confident Matt will work with Sheriffs and stakeholders to address this very serious issue in the U.S. Senate,” said Wood County Sheriff Mark Wasylyshyn.
“Public safety is my first priority. As a former prosecutor, Assistant Attorney General and legislator, I know Matt Dolan shares this focus. I’m impressed with his record and capacity for results. I endorse Matt for U.S. Senate because he will fight to keep Ohioans safe and always have the back of law of law enforcement,” said Knox County Sheriff David Shaffer.
“Matt Dolan’s experience as a prosecutor and state legislator enhances his qualifications to be an effective U.S. Senator. Knox County will benefit mightily from having a public servant of this caliber fighting for us in Washington, D.C.,” said Knox County Prosecutor Chip McConville.
“Ohio suffers from a set of clear and apparent challenges in crime, addiction and mental health that are a direct result of the fact that our southern border remains unsecured. Matt Dolan has the proven experience as a prosecutor and legislator to effectively address these issues in the U.S. Senate,” said Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth who also serves as President of the National Sheriffs’ Association.
Script for “Keep His Word” (TV:30):
Across the country, crime is surging, and liberals are demonizing and defunding our police.
Thankfully, Ohio has Matt Dolan.
In the Legislature, Matt delivered for law enforcement.
Funding, training, equipment, you name it.
So, we can keep our communities safe.
When Matt Dolan tells you he will protect Ohio…
Take it from us…
Take it from us…
He will keep his word.
We support Matt Dolan for U.S. Senate.
In 2021, violent crime spiked across the country, with fourteen major Democrat-run cities setting new record highs for homicide. The number of carjackings have also surged in Ohio and cities throughout America by as much as 81 percent. Homicide rates in many major cities, including in Toledo, are at record levels.
Prominent Ohio Democrats, including a Biden Administration Cabinet Secretary, have supported efforts to defund and criticize law enforcement.
- Marcia Fudge, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, fmr. Ohio Congresswoman: “They are talking about reducing the allocation of resources to that department and I think that every single city in this country should be thinking about the same thing… My answer is yes to that, we need to be looking at it, clear.”
- A top Democratic Party recruit to run for Congress in Southwest Ohio, Councilman Greg Landsman,wrote a proposal to cut funding to Cincinnati police as residents experienced a spike in murders.
- Congressman Tim Ryan, a candidate for U.S. Senate, signed a letter with 17 other Democratic Members falsely noting that “police brutality was the leading cause of death among young men.” The Youngstown Chief of Police called fired back at the failed Congressman.
The following outlines Senator Matt Dolan’s work to in the State Senate provide Ohio law enforcement with the tools and resources they need to keep Ohioans safe:
- Dolan led the charge on legislation that invested $250 million for Ohio’s police officers and first responders, local schools, childcare facilities and healthcare workers across our state to continue economic recovery.
- Dolan established a local law enforcement training program and invested $15 million to fund it and protect local communities from violent crime.
- Dolan empowered local law enforcement to keep human traffickers off the street by increasing penalties on repeat offenders.
- Dolan worked with religious organizations and law enforcement to obtain funding to secure and protect houses of worship and faith-based non-profits across Ohio.
- Dolan co-sponsored a bill to align Ohio’s criminal background check system with federal law.
- Dolan voted to urge the Federal Government to increase efforts to protect our border to combat drug and human smuggling in the United States.
- Dolan voted to urge the federal government to designate certain drug cartels operating as foreign terrorist organizations.
- Dolan increased penalties for drug trafficking and some other drug offenses when the drug involved is a fentanyl-related compound.
- Dolan voted to define “fentanyl-related compound” as including fentanyl and other related Schedule I and Schedule II narcotics-opiates.
- Dolan fought and helped to provide $180 million in additional funding for the opiate crisis, on top of the nearly $1 billion already spent by the state annually on drug abuse and addiction.
- Dolan helped to stablish opioid abuse prevention programs for educators and school personnel for all content areas and grade levels.
- Dolan voted for nonviolent offenders to receive competency evaluations in outpatient settings, ensuring state psychiatric hospital beds remain available for Ohioans suffering from serious mental illness.
- Dolan voted for enhanced penalties for drug traffickers who sell on the premises or near addiction service providers.
- Dolan was recognized by the Ohio Domestic Violence Network as a champion and advocate for victims of domestic violence in 2021.
Learn more about Dolan’s campaign for U.S. Senate at www.dolanforohio.com.