Ohio is home to one of the largest populations of U.S. military veterans in America. These men and women represent the best of America. Those who have selflessly answered their nation’s call should not be forced to sleep on the streets or struggle to access the benefits and healthcare they earned. I will be a tireless advocate for upholding America’s promise to those who have worn the uniform.
- Dolan was awarded the Ohio AMVETS Legislator of the Year Award in 2019.
- Dolan invested over $40 million in Ohio’s veteran organizations, housing for homeless veterans and PTSD treatment in the last four years.
- Dolan co-sponsored legislation that expands and updates concealed carry license rules for veterans.
- Dolan worked to allow veterans and fraternal organizations to host electronic instant bingo, opening up a stable revenue stream to address the needs of Ohio’s veterans and their communities.
- To honor the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives to protect Ohio and our country, Dolan co-sponsored a bill to designate highway memorials, including a designation for the Ohio Medal of Honor Highway
- Dolan voted to establish the Ohio Veterans’ Heritage Protection Act to preserve and protect publicly owned historic war relics across our state.